Friday, May 29, 2009

Stormy weather and klingon invasions

Last night went well ... I did manage to eventually get all of three hours sleep due to a rather large Klingon invasion in the land of DDP (Duck Duvet & Pillows).

The storm rolled in with great gusto last night. Lightening flashing all around and rumbling thunder thrown into the mix for good measure. It was loud. It was cold. It woke up a Klingon with an impressive fear of thunder and lightening. No amount of telling her its just the big guy upstairs playing his drum kit for the angels again, accompanied of course with excessive mirror ball action, would calm her fears. So eventually I had the littlest Klingon of all pushed against my side in an attempt to raise my core body temperature (as if the quack feathers didn't aid that cause enough) and the oldest Klingon lying across the foot of my bed. And no foot was safe either .... every loud drum roll left her groping my legs and smothering my feet with her stomach. It was like wearing an over sized pair of human slipper socks ... only problem was these socks yelp with fear and wriggle around a lot. Not conducive to a good nights sleep.

Finally the storm passed and at 3am I decided to move the Klingons to their own beds due to being sleep deprived. I must have somehow lost my superpowers because for the life of me I couldn't pick up my biggest (almost my height) Klingon .... perhaps I do need to get to the gym again ....

I eventually got them both to their own beds and then I was able to stretch out and close my eyes for about an hour or so before the invasion began again ..............

Joys of being a protector of Klingons!

No comments: