Friday, May 29, 2009

And so the cookie crumbles.....

Right ... so we moved our office from Milnerton to Stellenbosch on Monday 25th (pay day - YAY!). Stunning farm we moved to - the big boss owns it of course. So Tuesday we get called in to a staff meeting .... now the Cape Town branch has been closed officially and all the staff retrenched.

Yip ... I'm no longer an employee ... I'm now self-employed (*cough cough*) ...

So now what? Well, I'm not going to sit around feeling sorry for myself ... I'm going to take this raging bull by its crooked horns and whip it into some tasty steaks! Anyone up for a braai?

Plan of action for now is to get my tax number so they can pay me out my pension fund (which would definitely aid the "pay off the debts" fund), get my UIF sorted out and find another job. I'm seriously thinking of finding a half day job and then starting up the photography again. I love doing photography - it's a passion of mine. What I'm in the process of organising is my very own website for my photography business. I'm totally amped to get that going. There is a slight chance of acquiring some funds to get it off the ground too ... slight ... but there ... its a "wait and see" game right now. If the funds do happen, I'm going to be putting some of it towards equipment and some towards further education to aid the business. Make sure I'm all I can be and all that jazz.

So all in all the cookie may have crumbled, but from what I've heard, "they" say that the calories fall out of the cookies when they crumble and the crumbs are therefore calorie free which means they are perfect to munch up guilt free!!!! How awesome is that!!!!

Will keep you posted .....

2 comments:

Skye said...

So sorry to hear you got laid off. Was it a big shock? You sound really positive, looking at it as an opportunity. It would be so good if you could do more photography, because you are really talented from what I have seen

Meegyn said...

No it wasn't too much of a shock actually. I'm fine with it for now though ... you know me! I'm a surviver!