Saturday, September 25, 2010

ooooooooooooooo SHINY!!!

I went to spend some time with the lady who is going to be making my tiara (yes I'm going all princess for the big day), earrings and bracelet. Her name is Kathleen Barry and she owns Kathleen's Bead Studio in Claremont (check out her website, blog and Facebook page).

If you're planning an outfit for any occasion and need some appropriate jewelry to go with it, Kathleen is the perfect person to go see for something unique. I took swatches of the material that is being used to make my dress, the bridesmaids dresses and the flower girl dress. We matched up the right colour Swarovski crystals to the material and decided on which design for earrings etc would work. It's going to look amazing!!! Can't wait to see the final product and then enjoy wearing it on the day.

Now I'll probably only ever wear that tiara once, but its not a waste of money because Kathleen (in her brilliance) has suggested that when I'm ready to do it I should bring the tiara in to her and we'll use the crystals to make other jewelry that I'll be able to wear more often. Clever. Very clever.

I'll post a picture of what it looks like when I get it from her. I should be picking up all the goodies by 15 October. Just in time for our hair trial with Rachel at Carlton Hair on 16 October :)

Everything is coming together and I'm literally counting down the days to walking down the aisle and becoming Mrs H2B!

What I will be doing shortly is putting a list together of all the service providers I'm going to be using to make this day exceptional. I'm sure this may come in handy for anyone else there who may be thinking along the same lines as I am :)

Chat soon!
xxx

No comments: