Tuesday, April 21, 2009

The people we know....

Just got an email from the lawyer with my court date ... its the weirdest feeling that I'm not quite sure how to explain. I'm very happy this whole journey is almost over and excited at the new journey I'm going to be embarking on soon. Then there's also this feeling of "OMG I've got to go to court!!! AAARRRGGGG" ... freaky freaky!

I am proud to say that it will be the very first time I've ever set foot in a court room ... and yes ... I'm a little on the scared side! Not something I'm looking forward to at all - but it has to get done. Blegh! Lets just hope I don't see a sign like this:
Heaven knows I don't want to be stuck in a queue like that all day! LOL!

Yes, I feel the need for some comic relief right now, so I found some classics which I'll share with you .... you know the ones ... they kinda make you grin because you often think like this don't you ... go on ... we're alone and no one is listening ... feel free to admit it now ... yes I promise the truth really does set you free ... no really ...

Yeah ... you know you just thought of several people in your life that these apply to!!! Don't deny it! I can think of a few acquaintances that I have that it fits perfectly with ... they're type of people that tire you out completely just by breathing. I've recently had the displeasure of meeting just such a couple through a good friend of mine ... endless pits of need and wants. And then they wonder why friends are so far and few between. Obviously they've never read "How To Win Friends And Influence People".

I'll admit though that people like this intrigue me. I'm often in "fix it" mode and love to get right into peoples comfort zones. No ... not to see them squirm ... although truth be told that can be hysterical to watch! I often wonder why people are the way they are and make an effort to see behind the masks they wear. I know masks all too well considering I wore them for such a long time myself. Once you've worn a mask or two in your life you have the ability to pick out the people you know (or don't know so well) that are wearing some pretty hefty masks themselves ... which is just about everyone these days, isn't it? Everyone has something to hide - whether it be that vile secret that you'd rather not tell anyone or your heart. Needless to say I figure this particular couple has a little bit of an inferiority complex and some issues that they need to deal with. It will be interesting to see how they cope with my style of friendship - if they dare to actually go there. But I assume that with the impending "singleness" coming my way in May, the insecure wifey won't want to pursue anything! LOL! As if I'd find a married man intriguing enough to warrant any sort of attention ... *shudders at the thought*.

Anyhoo .... best we all get back to what we need to be doing and stop wasting time reading arb rantings of a mildly psychotic woman.

Laters ;)

No comments: