Wednesday, April 22, 2009

"Elections & Erections" (thanks Tannie Evita)

Yes I thought that title might get your attention ...

It was voting day today (still is if its not 9pm yet .... *checks* ... nope its still early enough to get there if you haven't yet). Hope you've made your mark for "volk en vaderland" ... otherwise you best shut your luscious lips next time someone makes the mistake to spark a heated debate about politics.

See, that's what I love about my group of friends. We never really get into that topic ... or the one concerning religion which can be equally tedious in certain company. Everyone has a different view and I'm a firm believer in the "each to his own" concept. I'm not about to push my belief system on someone else or rub it in their face. That's what I've always believed to be a rather horrid case of "bible bashing". Rather live what you believe and live it well - otherwise do like I do with politics and shut the ... ok well you get the drift.

So anyway ... on to less heated topics now. I had a good laugh while reading my Foschini club magazine (probably one of the most pointless ones EVER!) when I noted that there is a movie coming out soon with a title that reminded me of that incredible (feel the sarcasm) couple who obviously never read that book I mentioned (oh for heavens sake! Go read the post before this one if you don't remember). Well, the movie is aptly named: "How to lose friends and alienate people" ...... I found that hilarious!!! LOL!

I wonder why I didn't see Tannie Evita on the voting roll ... I think she'd make a killer president. HAHAHAHA!

Yes, that was arb.

But I was thinking about her/him (Tannie Evita - keep up now...) because the idea of driving through to Darling for one of those shows sounds just divine! Getting a whole group of people together, traveling through, watching a show and eating good food with great company ... aaahhhh .... what could be better! So when we going?!?! Check out the site: http://www.evita.co.za/the_venue.htm

Anyway ... best I go check my food before it gets cremated!

xxx
Meegs

PS. I'd love to know who's reading this ... so either become a "follower" or leave a comment or three ;)

No comments: