Tuesday, February 2, 2010

......and the list goes on ....

So the engagement party is over and it was fun and relaxed. It was great to have our friends and family there - thank you so much to all of you who came and celebrated with us. Thanks to those who had the decency to pitch up after RSVPing ... and to the rest who didn't pitch after saying they were coming - at least we know who to invite to the wedding and who not! LOL!

I haven't had time to download the photo's of the evening yet. Danielle and Raechel played the roll of official photographers. Danielle used my camera and Raechel hijacked her ouma's camera. They seemed to have a ball with it all. As soon as I've done the download I'll probably load the pics onto Facebook and maybe put a few on here too :)

My Wonder Women were fabulous once again. The took lolly-pops and put little tags on that said something along the lines of "Thanks for being here...." etc. It was so thoughtful and very unexpected. They're setting the bar so that if I'm ever asked I'll have to out do them! So word to the wise my dearest Wonder Women ... be careful what you dish out ;)

Things are moving along slowly where plans are concerned. I've ordered a key accessory for my outfit and it is gorgeous! I found it on a website called Pretty Cute Things. Take a look and see if you can guess what I chose ;) ... that excludes The Wonder Women and The Groom as they already know. I should have this key piece by the end of this week :) ... *excited grin*!

Tomorrow evening I've made an appointment to go see a photographer friend of mine who gave me a quotation to do the wedding. She was one of the few that actually got back to me too! I find that hard to deal with ... you know ... the "we're-friends-so-she-won't-mind-if-I-just-take-my-time-to-get-back-to-her" thing that most people you associate with do to you. What the heck is that about anyway?! As long as the others don't go all postal on me when they find out they've lost an opportunity, so be it. I know this friend would do a sensational job of capturing my special day ... and she's available too ... which, lets face it, is a major point to take into consideration.

I've also managed to book the make-up artist who will be making us all look drop-dead gorgeous on The Big Day. I have heard great things about her work and she comes highly recommended. So all hopes of making me look decent on the day will rest on her shoulders!

My guru of a beautician (who is also at times uber sadistic depending on what tools she has at her disposal at the time ... and yet I always go back for more ... *shakes head*) has given me the number of the dress maker she used for her wedding last year. Hopefully when I get around to speaking to him ...... hang on ......

.......
.....
.
technology ... man you've got to love it!

Just spoke to the dress maker's assistant and now have an appointment for 27 February at 9:30am .... now to send a quick mail out to The Wonder Women to book them. Hope they're all available, but if not I'll go anyway and take them later when they're all able to go!

Ok, the list .... what's next .... oh yes! Next on the list is the "Save The Date" goodies ... but before we can send those out we have to finalize the guest list .... I say "we", but I actually mean The Groom and the Future Mother-in-law need to finalize their side of the guest list. We have a certain amount of people we can invite and no more than that or the venue won't hold us ... so we have to try stick to that. It does mean we'll end up not being able to invite a few people we'd like to have there. Hope they understand.

Once the guest list is sorted out, then we're going to send out the "Save The Date" goodies ... which will give the guests time to sort out whatever transport and accommodation needs they may have to be sorted out before they even get the invitation :) ... clever hey :) (she says as if she's the first to come up with this concept! Pfffttt!)

Oh yes, and the other thing I managed to do was speak to my hairdresser about doing the hair for the wedding. She is an absolute goddess when it comes to doing hair and has won an award for her up styles. She's also giving me a good group price, which is very helpful. I've also booked the superwoman who will be doing my "cake" ... and no, I'm not going traditional with that either!

I'm getting excited!!!!! Could you tell?

1 comment:

Gin said...

Of course you WOULD be the most organised bride on the planet :-)

Thanks for a lovely engagement party on Saturday. So nice to see so many loving friends and family all on board the Meegs and Gareth train of luurve!!